Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Welcome to bloggerhood

Woohoo!  I have a blog.  I am new to this, but I really enjoy reading other peoples blogs and I have so many things in my head that I want to write this seems like a fun way to do it.  I titled my blog Snapshots of Motherhood because that is how my brain works.  I don't think in essays...just snapshots.

This morning I smashed my little finger in my bedroom door.  I haven't done that since I was twelve years old when one of my friends slammed her car door on my hand.  I forgot how much it hurts.  My little finger started throbbing and I cried out it pain.  Immediately my sometimes sweet* 3 year old Samuel came running to my aid with not one but two wet kisses for my finger.  His love really did make my finger feel better.  I love being a mom!

~maria


*It may seem harsh to say that Samuel is sometimes sweet, but for those who know Sammy know how true this is...I love him so much, but he is often in a rotten mood and he lets us know it.  I am grateful for his sometimes sweetness.

3 comments:

  1. yay!!! Welcome to the world of blogger :) I can't wait to read your snapshots of motherhood. What a great title. And I'm sorry about your finger. No fun. Have you seen The Sound of Music? If you have this reminded me of it when the littlest Von Trapp says, "I can't sing - I have a sore finger!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey! Welcome to Bloggerville! I'll be nice to know you outside of YW. :P Check out my blog at carriesnider.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete