Wednesday evenings are always a little hectic. I have mutual on wednesdays so dinner has to be on time if I want to eat with the family (which I do). I generally try to make a simple meal. Last night it was beef stroganoff and salad. If all you could see was me making dinner it would seem a very simple task. Zoom out a little bit and you can see Clara standing up holding onto my legs crying wanting me to pick her up. Zoom out a little more and you see Samuel sitting at the computer yelling for me to help him on PBSkids. Zoom out a little more and there is Jacob crying and wanting me to hold him because he has a tummy ache. Zoom out more and Adam is trying to read his homework story to me. (three times in a row!) (he is reading very loud because he is competing with Clara, Samuel, and Jacob) Zoom out even more and there is my sweet helpful Meaghan asking me to get her the dishes down so she can set the table. It's amazing how complicated making dinner becomes when you add 5 kids to the equation. Yet, I wouldn't have it any other way.
~maria
No comments:
Post a Comment